Question and answer
Ask your question about terminations, dismissals and lay offs and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Can an employer change the Rate of commissions payment on existing ongoing Subscription Sales?

An employer can make changes to rates of commissions; however, the employer must be mindful of the fact that a change in compensation without the consent of the employee could trigger a constructive dismissal of their employment, potentially triggering severance entitlements.

Whenever an employer wishes to make a change to the existing terms and conditions of an employee's entitlements it is a good idea to speak with an employment lawyer first to discuss the best way to go about making the change to prevent potential constructive dismissal claims. Should you wish to discuss this further with one of our employment lawyers please contact the number below.
Lior Samfiru
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment