Question and answer
Ask your question about terminations, dismissals and lay offs and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am in a senior position with a company for 2.5 years. I am 56 years old. My employer has changed my duties time and time again and continues to do so. I am running crazy with n help. His own daughter and son in law quit. It is very stressful. He is an absent boss who is hardly around. He says what I want to hear but there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I was supposed to get a raise in Feb and never got it. He probably doesnt remember our employment agreement. He will not let me go as I am the only person keeping things afloat. Can I quit for cause and get severance.? I was hired as the director of operations and basically now run run QSR stores hands on including warehouse work dropping off supplies at store etc.

You may be able to claim constructive dismissal if you can prove that the duties you are asked to perform deviate materially from your job description and that you did not sign a provision allowing the employer to modify your job. You also need to be able to show that you have not condoned the changes. The sooner you act the better but do call us at the number below before you make a decision as we need more information in order to assess the strength of your case and the value of your damages.
Lior Samfiru
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment