Question and answer
Ask your question about terminations, dismissals and lay offs and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I work in one of the biggest company in the world, I was put in Performance Improvement Program and I was harassed by my Manager for 10 months and every time we have a weekly meeting I always harassed by the HR manager by telling me to quit if I cannot finished the PIP and also my manager. I am a lowly production assembler for 21 years and until now still harassing me. I am not happy anymore and I would like to file a case against them. I already went to severance calculator and it will not help me if I quit and did not offer a package for me. Is it possible to file a case against them?

My name is David Vaughan and I am an employment lawyer with Samfiru Tumarkin. You are correct that if you resign, you will not receive severance pay. However, in certain circumstances, harassment can amount to a constructive dismissal, which would entitle an employee to severance pay. Please contact our firm to discuss the matter in more detail and determine how we can assist you.
Lior Samfiru
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment