Question and answer
Ask your question about terminations, dismissals and lay offs and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Hello, I've been dismissed during my probationary 90 days period, after 72 working days just cause termination. I have never been advised of my shortcomings, my performance, attendance etc. until the last meeting when the manager terminated my employment presented wrong information. What do I have to do to reinstate my position?

Thanks for writing to us. If you are part of a union, then you would need to seek assistance from your union representative. If you are not part of a union, then you have been wrongfully dismissed and you are owed severance. To get a sense of what you are owed, I would encourage you to visit the severance pay calculator our firm has developed to see what you are owed ( I would also encourage you to call us and set up a consultation with one of our employment lawyers.
Lior Samfiru
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment