Question and answer
Ask your question about terminations, dismissals and lay offs and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes

Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

trustee in bankruptcy is XXXXXXX and my employer told me there is no money for severance pay after 3 years. I still work there, but the letter to tenants says tenants must vacate office space by end of February 2018. Situation is very vague. I am the only employee.


If your employer has filed for bankruptcy and is not paying you any severance pay, there may be little you can do unfortunately. In order to try and get your termination/severance pay entitlements under the Ontario Employment Standards Act, you should contact the Ministry of Labour.
Lior Samfiru
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment